The Heddlu Bach scheme is a fun and interactive volunteering programme delivered jointly by Gwent Police and schools, for children aged between 9 to 11 years old.
The Heddlu Bach supports the force priorities, via participation in both educational and community environments. The children involved will develop confidence through many enjoyable experiences.
There are three elements to the Heddlu Bach:
- Community engagement
Children and schools who become part of the programme help tackle local issues, highlighted by the children, in their own community, working alongside local Neighbourhood Policing Teams, on crime prevention initiatives and taking ownership of the tasks.
The programme will aim to create ethically informed citizens of Wales, through creativeness and learning. We will build resilience in young people, and develop a successful and exciting future for young people through collaboration with communities and the police.
Heddlu Bach aims to work with all young people to promote and deliver on:
- inspiring trust and confidence within communities
- helping to protect communities and the vulnerable
- communicate to reassure communities
- working in collaboration with communities and external partners
- target young people with early intervention
- educate young people about work that the police and partner agencies do