What does your child learn at school each day? Find information about our curriculum subjects here.
In Bryn Awel Primary School teachers work individually or in partnership / small teams as curriculum co-ordinators. They co-ordinate work in their subject/s across the year group and provide advice, guidance and support to colleagues on all matters relating to their subject / subjects.
Please visit our individual class pages to see what topics your child is learning about and all the fun things which happen in their day!
Curriculum Co-ordinators attend relevant training and development events and provide school-based training to colleagues and support staff. They also audit and order resources for their subjects. Support Staff support the role of the curriculum coordinator and contribute to the curriculum team.
Key features of the new curriculum
Four key purposes
Ambitious, capable learners who are ready to learn throughout their lives.
Enterprising, creative contributors who are ready to play a full part in life and work.
Ethical, informed citizens who are ready to be citizens of Wales and the world.
Healthy, confident individuals who are ready to lead fulfilling lives as valued members of society)
- – Six areas of learning
- – Literacy, numeracy and digital competence expected of all teachers
- – No more key stages, but five, three-year progression stepsIdea sharing/pooling/ excellent practice shared
- Collaborative Teams & Areas of Learning
- Expressive Arts (Music, drama, dance, film, art/design, literature/creative writing)
- Health and Well-being (PE, PSE)
- Humanities (History, Geography, Business and Social Studies and RE)
- Languages, Literacy and Communication (English, Welsh and Modern Foreign Languages)
- Mathematics and Numeracy
- Science and Technology